Monday, May 6, 2013

May 6, 2013

Hey Family!! 
This is your new greenie speaking. Lets get some important stuff out first...
We will be going over to the Zimmerman´s apartment at for Hna Hansen to skype. that time will be 8pm my time and NOON your time. remember. NOON. I do have the phone card paper thing. I was thinking, since Jason has his apple computer and dad has his new toy, do yáll wanna skype or facetime? or would you prefer phone? oh btdubs, please don´t overpower the phone, if i do call:) spanks. 

Here´s my address!! 
Hermana McKinsey Smith 
Calle Valdebernardo N 10 , 3C
28030 Madrid
España

Daddy, i loved that picture with you and griz posing!! he hasn´t changed much. but have you lost weight? your face looks thinner. you must be stressed out and not eating right cuz your rosa´s gone having the time of her life. heehee jk. but you do look like you´ve lost weight!! good job pops :)
So something really cool!! while in the CCM i prayed that i would be blessed with a trainer that was both nice and had a lot of patience. like a lot. well i was blessed with that and SO MUCH MORE!!!! Hna Hansen, FROM NORWAY, is the kindest and most giving person EVAH. Right when we left the stake center to our apartment, 45 min until our first lesson mind you, i look at my study desk and she had written a welcome note with 4 fruity candies, a bar of caremal chocolate, and 2 NORWEIGAN chocolate eggs!!! she was a keeper already. She loves writing notes to me and leaving them for me to find! i´m running circles trying to keep up with her. but challenge accepted. people are always asking if we´re sisters or cousins and even twins!! ha! its the tall, blond and light eyes. we´re both close to 5´10´´, so we cover a lot of ground each day :)
we, and 2 other hermans, have decided to go to parque de retiro and sing!! we get so many references because the song of the heart is a universal language. thats like 2 quotes in one i think. of of the hermanas we sing with is Hermana Munden and she´s been a missionary for about 6 months i think but couldn´t get into spain at first. guess who her mission pres was? mccunes. She´s the Hermana Pres Mccune was talking about when we visited them!! hahaa she LOVES the McCunes. oh and her compañera? Hna Olsen (no i don´t think she´s related to the olsen twigs dad) served in ogden south (i think don´t quote me) and her trainer? Celia Martin (from Caldwell 7th ward). Crazay!!
I´ve learned from sitting in lessons and talking with people that I understand spanish very well and that I am definitely needing some help in the speaking department!! It gets frustrating sometimes, because I can´t communicate my feelings to the investigators very well. But I know that if I am obedient and if I work at it, I´ll be talking in no time!! 
While out in the field, I have come to experience Christ´s love for his brothers and sisters, and God´s love for his hijos. Sometimes I´ll get frustrated at an investigator, but I¨ve learned to look at them through Christ´s eyes and I think to myself, ``What will this person be like if he´s baptized? What change will come over him?´´ I have grown so much because then its not about myself and whether the investigator will accept our message, its making sure this man or this woman will be happy. We had a new investigator named Mariano and he very passionately said that he believes in God and he know that there is a God. A lot of this was in spanish, but I understood enough to know that he didn´t think that God loved him and he thought that Jesus Christ was just a nice man. He was so troubled and so lost, and I felt like I couldn´t do anything for him. He was crying through most of the lesson and Hermana Hansen asked if we could pray. Ín this prayer, the spirit was so strong, even I couldn´t doubt God´s love for Mariano! At the end of the prayer, Mariano couldn´t speak. And we asked him to come to church with us on Sunday. He said no at first, but i felt like I needed to add something. I leaned to the side, so that he could see me better, and I gave him a big encouraging smile!! He looked at me, then down, then he stretched out his hand in an agreement hand shake. SUCCESS!! Even though he didn´t show up, I know that we still touched his heart. He will remember what he felt that night!
i love you guys mucho!!! we i love to show you guys off cuz YÁLL ARE SO AWESOME!!! i am SO LOVING THE MISSION FIELD!! aaahhh it so amazing!! 
loves ya!! stay safe!!!
Kinsey Poo.

No comments:

Post a Comment