Monday, September 23, 2013

September 23, 2013

Hola Familia!
Wow sounds like every one has had a busy week! I hope everything is going well and that you have learned lots :)
your talk is amazing dad! i love that a lot. it reminds me of the scripture 2 nefi 29:7.
Well, this week has been quite interesting. We´ve had a lot of downers come up, but the Lord has been blessing us with these wonderful miracles.
Our investigator, Adelson (the one from columbia-my heart melts with i hear his voice), was having trouble deciding whether or not he wanted to be baptized. He believes the Church is true, but he´s worried about his exwife getting all antsy about it because she´s super catholic (he still loves her). Then we found out monday night that he was leaving to London for 3 months. WOW this sounds like a movie. I was pretty depressed. But that monday night we had a noche de hogar with this family at the temple grounds and for our spiritual thought, we took a temple tour. At the end, Hermana Stepp gave this amazing testimony about eternal families (she had just found out that her grandmothers brother died) and we gave her a framed family proclamation. We were all crying and in the end, the Lord blessed us with Adelsons sister and her daughter, Gabriela. They both are very interested in the Church and Gabriela has a member friend, as well as Adelsons sister, Nayibe. Gabriela has stated many times that she wants to serve a mission (she´s 8 years old) and that she wants to be baptized. We had given her a fake name tag but she was quite disappointed to find out it wasn´t hard and plasticy like ours :)  We think Nayibe wants her to be baptized too! The problem with Nayibe is that she works all day Saturday and Sunday, so she´d never be able to take time off for church. We´re praying for another miracle and are planning on asking her about changing schedules hopefully. Hermana Stepp and I feel that Adelson will get baptized in London, for him now, it´s a better place to know more about the Gospel. The Church is very old there and he´ll be able to find a lot of member support. I´m super excited but so help me if he doesn´t call the church office for the nearest church building, he´s fired and i´ll hunt him down to his grave. He sent me an email which i sent to ben and sasha to translate for me :) I feel very blessed to have so many spanish speakers in my family. i´ll marry one and then i´ll teach all y´all the spaniard accent. its very fun and quite easy :)
I feel very blessed to be serving in Barrio 6. The Elders have been absolutely wonderful and supportive and I feel incredibly blessed for all this. They helped us this morning move into our new piso and what a work it was! I´m grateful for the power of service. How unselfishly they gave it!
Uncle Doug wrote me a letter and its amazing how much I needed it. He doesn´t write often (this is probably his second or third time) but he´s always telling me the right things at just at the right moment. Both of us are preparing for this next coming general conference by rereading the may issue of the liahona (the ensign for you guys) and i feel sooooo blessed and enriched while reading it. Especially reading the priesthood session: reading those talks gave me a focus of what my future husband needs to be, my future mommyness and my future home. I am going to write down all of this so i won´t forget. its super important.
thanks for all your love and support! I feel very blessed to have such amazing friends and family. i love you all and if you want, pray for some spanish skills!
love you tons forever and ever
hermana kinsey emit (as the southerns spaniards say it- they dont say their S´s!)

No comments:

Post a Comment