Monday, October 14, 2013

October 14, 2013

Well family. TRANSFERS!! And yes I did get transferred. Tooooooooo.......(drum roll) the islands! I'm on La Gran Canaria in an area called La Telde. It's super awesome but I'm still trying to recover from the 3 hour plane ride. Yeah, I know it's a little pathetic. But I really am happy to be here even though EVERYONE was super sad to see me leave. It was really humbling for me because I never really knew that...my Colombian investigators were crying and their daughters gave me these great bracelets. Plus leaving the members was super hard. I'll miss them a lot. It's sooo different because I'm moving from one of the biggest wards in Spain to a small branch with 30ish members. There are two districts for all the islands and most of the people in my district are from my group! So it will be great to see them all again. My companion is Hermana Cassinat and she's super sweet! I'm very lucky to be working with her and I hear that she's a really hard worker. I am SO grateful for that! We work with this senior couple named the Buhlers. Elder Buhler is from Caldwell! I showed him a picture of you dad and he didn't recognize you. Lo siento. 
I don't have a lot of time but I just want you to know that I am very grateful for the opportunity everyday to preach the Gospel. I feel very blessed to be here in Spain and that I have a wonderful family that supports me in every possible way. I love this Gospel and I know that we can receive every blessing from our Father in Heaven if we follow His teachings. I know that through our Savior Jesus 
Christ that we can return to our Heavenly Father. I love you all so much and I pray for you. Now that I'm in the islands I'm not sure when I'll get my package from y'all but I hope you know that I am grateful for all that you do. Have a great week!
Love y hugs
Hermana smith
Mom I do have an embarrassing Spanish mess up story but its not exactly.......appropriate. :) love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment