Monday, December 2, 2013

December 2, 2013

Hey family!
Look like your week was just splendid and jolly and full of food. We were seeing a lot of that too. The Buhlers were kind enough to have a Thanksgiving dinner with all the missionaries on the island and it was sooooooooooooo much fun. The Déniz family came (family from telde and the husband is the first stake pres on the islands) and they´re soooo hilarious. That family plus the buhlers called for 3 hours of us busting a gut and peeing in our seats. We ate our hearts out and it was deliiiicious food. but of course, your food is better mom :) (shhh don´t tell hna buhler)
This week was good and we walked around a lot. We´ve cleaned out the area book even more and so we´re on the hunt more than ever to find new investigators. We haven´t had a lot of success but we fasted about it and during those 24 hours the Lord blessed us more than I was expecting. I shouldn´t have been surprised but I was. It takes a long time to go out of Telde to visit other areas so most of the time if lessons fell us, then we´re walking around and we pass like 3 people in 30 minutes. Especially at night time, then its a kiss of death sometimes. We´ve had quite a bit of meetings as a district and as a zone about finding new people and we´re trying new stuff. We had a chit chat with Hermana Buhler yesterday because Hermana Cassinat and I maybe had a bit of a panic attack and she calmed us down and told us that we´re just planting these seeds and then the missionaries in a year will be grateful for our hard work, because then Telde would be a ward, etc. It was a nice chit chat. 

Leo and Irma are doing really well but they didn´t come to church on Sunday to go to a family thing (we´re almost positive he went to play soccer with his family). We´re still planning on having the baptism on Saturday but we´re waiting to talk with him to know more before before making a sure decision. He´s a good little guy.
There was a branch FHE and we played this x box game thing. ok, they picked us first to play and of course, we blew it! score of 62. so all these little primary kids are creaming our rear ends and we felt that justice was not served and we were delt with unjustly. So we petitioned to play again and of course we went. and won. more like CREAMED THEIR LITTLE HINIES. 104!! oh yeah!
thats so sad that the tidwells are leaving!! nooo!!! what ward are they moving into? 
I love you family! you are all such great examples to me. I love hearing from each and every one of you. Please know that I love this Gospel and I know that Jesus Christ lives and that God lives, too. He is literally our Savior and our Redeemer. I know that it´s only through Him that we can all return to our Father in Heaven with our families for eternity. I have such a strong testimony of that and of the scriptures. They are true and they are the word of God. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that it holds the answers to our questions and it holds the plenitud del evangelio. Hermana Cassinat and I are always wanting 4 more hours of personal study every day! haha but we are so blessed to be missionaries, especially at this time. I remember something from zone conference and Hermana Jackson spoke about D and C 4. She went into details of it and I know for a fact that what has been profesied has come to pass and the field is white and it is ready to be harvested. People are ready to hear and receive this message of hope and of peace. Please don´t hesitat to share this. Can´t believe i´m saying this, but I´m a Mormon! I´m a Latter-Day Saint! I´m a missionary! I´m a representative of Jesus Christ and His servant! I know it! I live it! and boy, do I LOVE IT.
HURRAH FOR ISRAEL!
Until we meet again,
Hermana Smith



No comments:

Post a Comment