Monday, December 30, 2013

December 30, 2013

Hey Family! I hope you got my package and everythings all good. We had a good week but I´m so turned around because we had district meeting on monday and pday on wednesday and I´ve been a day behind all week long! The weathers getting colder and its feeling more and more like Madrid! The waves are huge and its been fun to just watch them and other people get white washed for a wave, hahaha. But we´ve been good and working hard. We got in a lot more lessons this week and we´ve been walking the streets a lot. We´ve had a lot of first lessons and so far so good!
We finally were able to start teaching Tomás! He´s the one that has a Sean Connery voice. We told him that too and we may have gone on a big shpeel about the James Bond movies and then A Team because I was whistling the tune at that moment. Hahahaaa seriously, everytime I hear the name Murdock, I think of the moment when he´s swinging on the blades and singing, ´´You spin my head right round...´´ Hahahaa! Oh we´re going to get along great. He´s wonderful! He´s come to church three times so far and its been wonderful because he´s slowing warming up to a new environment. Slowly, but surely. He´s a little hesitant but alls good.
It´s been a good week working with Hermana Cassinat. She´s doing fine and said she doesn´t even feel like she´s going home, so that's good. We don´t talk about it and I told her not to start packing until the day before she leaves :) She´s leaving Wednesday and spending a day in Madrid then flying away! So I´m heading to Las Palmas to work with the Hermana´s there and I´ll say goodbye for Telde for 3ish days. We´re coming back to work on Saturday and I´ll come to Church for Sunday, so we have it all planned out. I´m excited for my new compy.
Leo has been a good support for his wife, Irma. She´s still getting used to the regular church schedule, but yesterday she showed up to church alone and we had no idea where Leo was. Later, she told us that he got a call saying he had to come and work and then he told her that she HAD to come to church! haha it was great, because at least she came on her own and not just for her husband. I could tell that she wasn´t too excited to be there though....oh well.
There´s a man named Gonzalo and he´s great. He´s wanting to change his life again and be a ´´mormon´´, as he says. He´s a really really smart guy and loves the temple soooo much. We had an FHE at his house and he taught the lesson and honestly it felt like he was a member and everything. He´s an amazing man but sometimes we can´t figure out whats going on in his brain. He´s also part of the Mafia, so whenever he talks with us in the street, some guy would come up, greet him, and then pat our arms. Gonzalo just goes and does a back kick, nearly smacking the guy in the face and says, ´´NOBODY touches the Telde hermanas!!´´ hahahahahahahahaaa then he told us that if anyone gives us trouble we just say, ´´we know Gonzalo´´. hahahaaa he´s great though. I love that man. He´s quite facsinating.
It will be sad for Hermana Cassinat to leave but I am sure she´ll be fine and I had the most wonderful 2 transfers with her! Literally, I have never laughed so hard in my entire life. But I´m excited for the new companion to bless Telde even more!
I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!!!!!
Love
Hermana Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment