Monday, January 6, 2014

January 6, 2014

Hey family!
Oh, yea! Transfers. they´re awesome. First thing first, I´m leaving Telde. Oh Telde. My heart will forever be there. Seriously. Telde is the beeeeeest plaaaacce ever. Only as missionaries and tourists, though. The economy is not so hot like the weather here. So this week is a big long story and I´ll give you bits of it.
First thing first, Telde peeps! We had a lesson with Leo and Irma and their cuñada was there from Vecindario (another area with missionaries, like 20 min away). She had soo many questions about the many churches on the earth and we were able to teach the 1st lesson with them. She was very open to it and it was amazing because Irma was answering mostly all the questions!! It was a really powerful and simple lesson and Leo was a good suppor through it all. He´s doing so well and he´s so much happier now. They said they´d come to church with the cuñada, but they never showed. It´s really sad because I still haven't been able to explain that I was leaving.
We taught the plan of salvation to tomás and he took it very well. it was an amazing lesson and we asked him to be baptized on the 18th.. I was quite shocked at his reaction. He was surprised that we had asked him that and it makes me wonder if any of my investigators understand our purpose as missionaries. Obviously, he knows now, but in our last lesson together, I explained to him clearly our purpose as missionaries, why we left and what we do. He understands now and I really hope he will continue on the path that he´s on now. It was really sad to say goodbye because he´s such a sweet man, but I know that we will see each other again. Just like D & C 130:2 says!
Hermana Cassinuts er-Cassinada, i mean Cassinat se fue a casa! Wednesday. That was super sad. It was really like saying goodbye to a seestor. But I´m grateful for the example that she was for me. I´m a better missionary because of her help.
I worked in Las Palmas in a trio for 3 days and we went to Telde to work on saturday. It was soooo nice to be home!! (Little did I know... ;) ). Then we found out transfers that..and well...yes long story. So there are Hermanas that have a gift for finding out transfers 2 hours before we get the official calls. Hermana Fowers, my new compy de Utah, happened to hear from another hermana that we were companions and so for awhile, we were both freaking trying to figure out which area was being closed, the hermanas de las palmas or de telde. So the district leader calls and he´s giving us all the details and then he says that i was moving to las palmas....THAT i wasn´t expecting. then he goes on to say that an elder from las palmas was taking my place. So, knowing I had to do some big things without a companion and the fact i was leaving, i may have kinda cried like a baby. so for like the first 12 hours i stressed my little hiney off and may have cried in testimony meeting, then i thought, ´´oh my gosh. why am i an emotional wreck right now!! I´M GOING TO LAS PALMAS NO MARS. sheesh´´. the poor members. hahahahaaa one of the members came up to me and said that leaving the first area was always hard....hahahahaa oh my goodness. I´m used to members coming up to me to tell me that I´m only on my 2nd transfer. They´re just so used to seeing fresh newbies. SO. Being the only working missionary in Telde, therefore i was in charge of closing it and re opening it for the new elders. During that process, I learned a few lessons. First, about updating the area book daily. Second, about updating our future investigators list daily. And thirdly, keeping everything clean. Para que sepaís, I have learned my lessons. Thoroughly. By the way, i hate packing. I´m cleaning everything out and organizing things. 9 months of missionary collection is so not cool.
But honestly, I am sooo excited for this new transfer!!! I heard the members are wonderful in Las Palmas and we eat some dang good food, I hear. The work is amazing and we´re going to kick butt! I love being a missionary!
I looooove you family!!! you´re awesome. the church is true and remember that i looooooves you.
Hermana Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment