Monday, January 27, 2014

January 27, 2014

Well, hey there lovely family of mine!!
This week was really good. It truly is a blessing to be serving here. Its been a blessing to know the people here in Las Palmas and also to work with Hermana Fowers. I am truly blessed! Now, how many times can i say blessed?! hahaa just kidding but its so true. I have never felt more blessed in my entire life. MISSIONSAREDABEST
We´ve been trying to work more with the members and it´s been great because the Relief Society President wants to work with us too! Hermana Fowers and I were planning how to work with the sisters more and then 5 hours later, the president states an idea casí identical to ours! Its amazing to see the hand of the Lord in our lives. It reminds me of when you were doing the ward mission plan, dad, and mark simpson had the same idea!!
Yasmina, our ´´golden girl´´, is doing great!! We had a lesson with a member friend and it was great because we can be straight up with her about everything and she understands it all. We taught the Gospel and she told us right up that for her to be baptized she needed to get married. She literally understands everything we tell her and the significance. On sunday, she showed up only for the last hour. We couldn´t understand why, but then she told us that she got out to leave and someone had hit her car! She´s told us stories how Satan´s been trying to stop her from coming to church and just the little daily stuff. It´s so amazing to talk with her and she wants to be baptized! Plus, she has her 3 kids who love church! We´re very excited for them.
In all, we´ve been trying as hard as we can to have members in our lessons. I think finally, FINALLY i understand the great importance of members in lessons. Because we´re not just baptizing them and ya esta. We´re wanting them to stay and have friends and feel like they´re coming home. For example, Yasmina has 3 really close friends from church already and we don´t need to worry whether or not she´s someone will look after her if we leave. We´re trying to make it so that every investigator has a friend, so that they know its not just the missionaries who are friendly, but the members also. The ward here is good too, because they´re wanting to help us :)
In all, I just love the mission. I love everything about it. Everythings so clear, we know what to do and we just need to take it into practice and do it. We have an investigator that really tries our patience (mostly me--hermana fowers is the loving one of us) and sometimes i just want to teach bluntly and clearly, like if you don´t stop smoking, then THIS is whats up, type of dealio. But hermana fowers helps me stop and take a step back and breath :D hahaa i´m a lot better at it too.
I love you family! Thanks for your letters and your love and prayers. I can feel them here. When I feel more burdened, I stop and think and pray and i can feel your prayers working in me. I love you all so very much and I thank our Heavenly Father everyday for your love and support.
Con muchísimo cariño y un abrazo SÚPER fuerte,
Hermana Smith



No comments:

Post a Comment