Monday, July 14, 2014

July 14, 2014

hola familia!!!!
This week was AWESOME!!!! We were tired of people feeling sorry for us because we were the newbies and white washing so we set some goals and we tore this place apart!! We were able to get quite a few contacts and lots of lessons in the streets. At first it was like treading through water, but then our legs got stronger and the water more shallow and we were running!! It was great and I can´t wait for another week. 
We´ve been visiting the members and getting to know them so that they can trust us more and its been great, because we´re there to stregthen them and they can understand that we´re not there to strangle a reference out of them. 

we had a lesson with a romanian woman named Anca and an RM was with us. we were 15 min in the lesson when the door was knocked and jehovas witnesses came in. now. i have no bad feelings towards them but i try and avoid them as much as i can. most of them here are not nice like that lady that passes by our house at home!!! so they came and apparently this RM had some bad experiences with them and this other lady had some bad experiences with us, so they immediatley got into a really heated bible bash. whew!!! talk about thick, the tention!! we just wanted to run out of there but the ladies finally left and the member had to calm himself. A lot of stuff was said about the church and I just felt terrible that Anca had to witness all of this. Though afterwards, she asked us questions about the plan of salvation and we were able to talk about the plan and the spirit was soooo strong!! it was literally night and day, the difference between our message and what she had witnessed before. It was interesting, because just that morning i was reading in 3nephi11 when Jesus taught that contention is of the Devil and not of Him. EXAMPLE NUMBER ONE. i testify of that scripture!! We called her a few days later and she told us that it would be better that we not stop by....haha ouch. its hard when that happens but i know that she still ahs the book of mormon and one day, again, the missionaries will knock on her door and she´ll be ready for them. 

i went on my first exchanges this week and it was great!! i stayed in my area and it was my first one and it went very well. I had been studying about the exchanges in the leadership section in the white hand book and also i´ve remembered my experiences from other sister training leaders from the past, and I loved it so much! I had good examples and it was great to read int he white hand book that a good leader is a leader that lives the gospel of jesus christ. How true is that!! i´ve been trying to do just that, live more the gospel of Jesus Christ. its been very fulfilling seeing the little changes in my life and in the life of my companion. 

So we´ve been contacting a lot and we had one lesson set up but the woman failed us. we were super bummed because she was a mom and had a lot of potential, but i tried to have a positive attitude. I said a small prayer in my heart and a thought popped into my head; in the mission, there are no coincidences. if we have a failed lesson, that means that Heavenly Father has prepared something else for us and we just needed to get to work to find that person. We immediately set off to contact and we contacted this man and he turned out to be goooollden!!! We had a great lesson about the restaration and he told us that he had researched us a lot online and we gave him a better source :) its called mormon.org and our number! booyah! 

 It´s been so rewarding to see a little bit of the fruits of our labors. Lately I´ve been reading a lot about working in the Lord´s vineyard and how the servants were ´´few´´ (jacob 5 my friends) but they still worked hard and got a lot done. As missionaries here in spain and all over the world, we are few, but we are getting a lot of work done! 

I know that this is the work of the Lord. Uncle Greg sent me a quote and it made my heart squeeeeze good: “There is no mortal man that is so much interested in the success of an Elder (or Sister) when he/she is preaching the Gospel as the Lord that sent him to preach to the people who are the Lord's children. He begot them in yonder world, and they came here because the Lord wanted them to come.´´— Lorenzo Snow 
I konw that i am meant to be here in Spain and what a privilage it is! I love this work and I love my Savior. Remember to stick in your sickle and reap reap reap!! 

Loves y mucha hugs
Hermana Smith

PS. In spain, they have 2 last names; the fathers last name and the moms maiden name. Many spanish missionaries ask for name tags with both the last names. 

I´m getting a chapa that says Hermana Smith Smith  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment