Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21, 2014

Hey family! 
This week was SO good!! We had so many little miracles and we were able to talk with a lot of people. Hermana Johns did a really good job being in charge of the area while i was gone for the leadership training meeting. She´s such a hard worker. I was so blessed to be her companion. I remember before this transfer I was praying for a hard working missionary and I received the best one! She´s always willing to do our best, even if it means getting our of our comfort bubble. 
The leadership training meeting was the BEST. I learned SO much and I loved that it was more a council instead of just us sitting and listening!! I learned so much more from that than any other meeting. We were all able to share our thoughts and experiences and learn from each other. I remember when I was with Hermana Fowers and we would read the section about leadership in the white handbook and we both loved the fact that it says we should live the Gospel and it goes back to what President Jackson told us in the meeting, that our extra responsibility does NOT mean that we are better than the other missionaries. 
We had a street lesson yesterday with a man from Africa, named Francisco. He had the most amazing questions about the restoration and as we would explain it, he would interrupt us with more questions about the restoration. These questions weren´t at all annoying, but they tied PERFECTLY with the lesson. We were able to give him a book of mormon and he promised that he would read it. We felt the Spirit soooo strong in that lesson and he invited himself to church next sunday :) We feel he´ll be a great future ward mission leader.
As a district, we´ve been thinking about what we could do to serve more and on Saturday we were able to wear a Mormon Helping Hands shirt thing! My first in the mission! It was great and we helped sort clothes for the children. Plus I gave blood on wednesday again and it was amazing because, obviously, we need to always be sharing the gospel. As my blood left me, I was able to talk to the nurse about our work and what we did, etc. She told me she loved it because we weren´t the first ones to give blood! she told me that she´d seen many missionaries giving blood and loved that we did that, even though we didn´t have too. 
I honestly think giving blood is one an addiction, because I really want to give blood again. 
On wednesday, we STL´s talked in our Zone meeting for 30 min about what we´d learned in the meeting tuesday and it was great! I had a lot of fun with it, mostly because I wasn´t the only one talking. We talked a lot about the importance of the members help and also activation and retention. (i translated those 2 words into english and i don´t know if i said it correctly....)
We had another street lesson with this old man and he was jehovas witness. i was kind of scared to talk to him from the last scary lady but he was sooo nice and we were able to have a good gospel discussion. he was so cordial (sp.???) and my doubts and a little bit of scary jdubs went away. A little mercy from the Lord, I think. 
We´re going to the temple on wednesday!!!!!!!!!!! i´ll finally see the new video!!! whooohoooo!!!!! i´m so stoked for the temple. so. stinking. exciting. you have NO idea.
We have a lot of activities that happens in the YSA center and there´s a foosball table....so obviously i like to show off my skills. I´m tied with another elder here (at greatness...hahaa jk) and its been sooooo fun!! Hermana Lema told me I was the Captain Moroni of Fooseball!! that was such a lovely compliment. 
Ok. What to wear in Spain:
-Honestly it doesn´t matter what you wear. I´d prefer that you don´t look like a tourist in Mexico, for example. We´re in Europe and we tend to dress a little bit more nicer than americans. We don´t see a lot of people in jeans, but wear whats comfortable. Khaki shorts will work, but not denim. It´ll be hot in madrid, for sure, so I wouldn´t suggest layers. In the islands its cooler but very humid, so you´ll be sweating no matter what. I´ll be in my skirt the whole time because its a lot cooler than wearing tight stuff. 

love you all! thanks for your letter, mom!!! i enjoyed it! thanks uncle eric and aunt char for your letter! i loved it!

hermana smith. 

us with our helping hands shirts. all the people standing up, except for the black guy, are missionaries, but their chapas were on the inside.
hermana coburn and i after we gave blood. she got stabbed twice.




No comments:

Post a Comment