Tuesday, August 13, 2013

August 13, 2013

Hola Familia!! 
This week was SUPER. Our apartment has been falling apart lately and so this repair guy comes at a really not so good time. not so good as in my hair was all wet, we were studying, and i was half in my pj´s. so we leave our door open of the study room so that he can come in with questions and i literally forget about him. next thing i know a man´s voice speaks spanish RIGHT behind me and i go AAHHH!! kinda like home alone. i turn around and he´s looking at me really shocked then say´s, BOO. madre mia. these spaniards are so weird. or just europeans in general. man i really miss america. but golly was that embarrassing. 
but this week was good! its flown by, like every week in the mission. makes me super sad, because i´ll be hitting my 5 months next week and i am just so flabbergasted!! Time is not your friend in the mission. 
we´ve been planning for our baptism with a spaniard named Gregorio. He is so ready. just blows my mind!! but my columbian, Adelson, is doing great! Well, he doesn´t have a baptismal date yet, but he has such a strong testimony of the book of mormon. its been a little difficult to teach him because his niece and daughter are sometimes in lessons and it gets a little er rowdy, but we get along well. in one of these lessons, he wanted to show us a picture on his phone; it was his background picture of the madrid temple and he had added these words ´´La Iglesia Verdadera´´ 
EEEEEPPP!!! oh my heart just burst with happiness!! its so hard to keep a neutral face as a missionary sometimes!! oh he literally makes me sing. i can´t say his name without putting my hand over my heart. so the next lesson we had was just him and we asked him about baptism. he wants to be baptized but he said he wants an eternal family with his daughter and ex wife!! he was so sad that he can´t have his family with him, but we testifyed to him of eternal families. he is so worried because his ex wife is very catholic and his daughter (who is 8) wants to get baptized in this church because she say´s she likes the way we pray :) oh my corazon. its so complicated. 
we were plannin on going to toledo this week, but instead we´ll do it next week. my old district leader, Elder Pizarro, just found out that his mom has cancer and his dad doesn´t have work :( we´re super worried for him and he said his family might have to move to america for jobs. we´re praying that all goes well for him and his family :( 
This transfer has been a little slow. mostly because all of madrid decided to leave for vacations and there are literally NO ONE out. sundays? zip. From 2pm to 7 pm? nada. it has been very trying for me. but i will appreciate the fall and springs even more!! 
i´m doing just fine with my companion :)  she is amazing in lessons. thanks for the story of you and griz though!! it always makes me smile :) and makes me miss griz :( but thats ok. he´ll still be there when i go home. 
Nothing else really happened this week! But i just want you to know how grateful i am for every little letter or message i get. it warms my heart knowing that i have loved ones so far away. I am so grateful to be on this mission. i´m grateful for the calling that i have a invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo. Everyday, i am thankful for what i have, now and for eternity. I have a strong testimony of jesus christ and what he has done for each and every one of us. I can´t wait for the day when i can be wrapped in his arms again. it has literally been a dream of mine. know that i love you very much and that you are all great examples to me. keep the letters coming and i love you!!

Con amor, para siempre, 
Hermana Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment