Monday, May 12, 2014

May 12, 2014

Hey family!
so i just tried to stick my SD camera card with it FULL of pictures into the computer and it ate it. sooo. yeah. thats my problem here. there goes my past 3 transfers of loving life.
but other than that, what a crazy couple of days! I´m glad i´m finally on settled ground. its weird to look around and not see the ocean. i really loved doing that before. What wonderful blessings come from God´s creations!
It was really sad to leave Las Palmas, but I have a firm testimony that it will never be goodbye. That's part of the great plan of happiness. D&C 130:2!!!!  I´m grateful that in the final resurrection i will have a perfect memory and be able to remember my missionary experiences, because that is something i definitely don´t have! 
I actually feel really good about serving in Cuenca. I know it will be difficult, but as we were flying over the ocean, I was pondering over what this next transfer will be like. I felt that there were people in Cuenca that needed the gospel and I knew that I needed to be the hands of the Lord to bring them to the knowledge. It just really makes me grateful for the calling i have, that the Lord and His angels have prepared the way for us to preach the gospel. 
Hermana Caballero and I worked really well this week. The investigators were working well and progressing, but not a single one came to church. It was really sad because we have like 12 good/progressing investigators and they didn´t come :( 
The ward is preparing Alex to receive a calling and I am SO excited for him!! he´s such a good kid. so solid. He really is the miracle of my time in Las Palmas. 
It was SO good to talk you guys! I really tried to focus on what our president said we needed to do: be an example and thank my mom and it was a really edifying time. Mom´s truly are the best! 
my area is like Telde but bigger and more spanish and....quietter? the spanish are more closed people than Telde or even Canarians in general. i said hi to like 5 people in the streets and they just stared at me. ok. thanks. whatever.
hey family! i love you! see you next week!
Hermana smith

btdubs, i got my card back. there´s just a random hole in the dang mother board thingy. whatever its called. 

No comments:

Post a Comment