Monday, May 26, 2014

May 26, 2014

Hey family!! Wow, today has been extra awesome and I¨ve been really uplifted by your letters. I enjoy them each week and apprecite them so much! This week was good and I love this area even more. Its growing, poco a poco, but we feel that there will be miracles soon. I´ve been thinking a lot about this area and what we could do to help it grow. It´s difficult to go contacting and the times we´ve visited the members, they´ve been really good. I´ve been trying to find a way where we can work with the members more in this area. We´ve started doing the 21 day plan and its been going sooo well so far. The members are really excited to do some missionary work! Even though we won´t have immediate results, the future missionaries will at least be busy.
There´s a recent convert here named Mayte and she´s getting ready to serve a mission!! The branch president told us that she´s been progressing more with the hermanas than with her ´´chicos´´, as she calls them (elders). I think its the hermana charm ;) Its been so much fun and I just love being a missionary. I´m so excited for her!! 
Honestly, since I´ve been here, we´ve only had lessons with about 3 people. We´re still looking for new investigators to teach and I´ve been trying to apply what i´ve learned in the past zone meetings and conferences. We have Zone conference this week and I´m really excited to go and be spiritually fed!! Plus, I´m actually really excited to see some familiar faces. I thought we were isolated in the islands, but there aren´t any other missionaries in Cuenca!! Haha, hermana clay and I are getting to know eachother very well. she knows how to cook good and i´ve been learning! 

Today for pday, we hiked for about 45min to this giant jesus statue in cuenca and it was soooooo beautiful!!! i loved it soooo much and I never realized how much i missed hiking!! it was great.
well, family. i love you!! i´m so happy to be serving and I hope you all have a splendid week. next week i´m doing exchanges with the sister trainging leader...her name is hermana fowers :) and she is currently serving in B6! so i´m going to visit b6 for a few days! plus on wednesday we get to go to the temple!! OOOOHHHH YEEESSS!!! finally!! i´ve missed it sooo much. 
ahem. well fam! love ya!
Hermana Smith

Us at the top of the statue!
45 min hike all uphill and SO WORTH IT. it was sooooo beautiful!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment