Monday, May 19, 2014

May 19, 2014

Ok, family. Like dad said. Here´s the drill:
1. my address: calle francisco de luna 16, 4A 16004 Cuenca España
2. we are the only missionaries for about 2 hours. at least in the madrid mission.
3. we are currently looking for people to teach, but we´ve got a few investigators.
4. members are good. don´t know enough to give you details. There´s only one branch.
5. we get fed once a week, los martes.

This week was good. Not going to lie, it was a bit of an adjustment, but its all good now :) Hna Clay´s helping me a lot to know the area and the members and investigators are doing well. We´ve been contacting more and its a little bit more difficult here than in the islands but we make it work. I certainly walk more and I´m missing the guagua´s in las palmas! hahaha! I´ve got great butt muscles now from all the hills and we have less food appointments so hopefully i´ll be able to see my belly button soon. hahahaa!! ok gross just kidding. 

It´s really interesting, because Cuenca really reminds me of Telde. Its cute and small and quaint and the members are wonderful! The situations are kind of the same. But honestly, there´s a different spirit here. I seriously feel that this area will grow. We´ve had many miracles this week and its been wonderful and needed, because the Lord is telling us that He´s with us. It was hard the first 3 days because we were just straight contacting and I had just come from a really successful area and we hadn´t taught one lesson yet. Then, we were able to finally teach a lesson and it was soooo nice!!!! I actually felt a little useful after that. 

We had an amazing experience. It was 15 til 10pm and we were heading home. We were both very tired and just wanted to go home to rest our feet and not think. While waiting for the light to turn, we saw this young man walking on the street. Right when Hna Clay was thinking about it, I went over to contact him. While introducing ourselves, I felt that I needed to explain that we had a message that would help him know his purpose in life. The young man, Miguel, then told that he doesn´t believe, but was JUST thinking about his purpose in life. Why was he here? Why are there bad stuff in the world? If God loves us, why do we suffer? It was such an amazing experience and we were able to have a lesson right there. We met with him 2 days afterward and we were able to teach him and his friend. He pretty much exploded on us the bad stuff he´s done and that he wants to change and he wants to be happy in life. We were able to testify to him that wickedness never was happiness and what we need to do to be happy. He told us that he would go to other churches to feel better, but would never life them. He then invited himself to come to church :) Hahaa, no problem! Come on over! He never showed up (he was partying the night before) but we feel really good about him. He has SO much potential. Just needs a little push in the right direction.

We had another lesson with a young guy and hna clay told him that I sang like an angel. well, this kid then asked me to sing and i said no. then he said he´d sing for me if i´d sing for him because he was a professional singer. hahaa ok ya right. well, ok. then he sang. WHOA. ok i believe you now. so i had to sing. talk. about. embarrassing. he then told me he had a song he wanted me to sing.

hahaa. maybe another day.

But we´re doing good. Hna Clay´s great and I feel like i´m living with kelly a little bit ;) Last night, we sang the Nanny theme song and we just felt better after that. hahahahaaaa!!!!!! Literally, there are no quiet moments with her sometimes. we don´t have a picture together yet, but she is my height and is very white and a pretty red head. 

Well, family. I love you!! talk to you next week!

Hermana smith

so with this new address and all, that means i´ll get new letters in the mail right??? 
just saying. 




So we went to tour this AWESOME cathedral and it costs 4 euros to get in. well. we got in for FREE! perks of being a missionary!! oh sí!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment