Monday, April 29, 2013

McKinsey's Last Week in the Madrid MTC


HOLA FAMILIA!!! Que tál?! Wow, this week has FLOWN by!! I know I say this every week, but it gets truer and truer each time. Yes. I just made that word up. But anywhoo, it was an amazing week! We had awesome devotionals by Elder Holland, President Sitterud, and many other speakers that literally spoke to each of our needs and worries. I wrote so many notes, I wanna send them to ya’ll, they´re that amazing. But I won’t :)
The main topic seemed to be TEACH WITH BOLDNESS. Hna. Griffin and I totally did that in our lessons. We had an investigator who lived with his pregnant girlfriend and we were slowing telling him why he needed to dump her or get married. But then, after the BOLD devotional, we said, YA KNOW WHAT: we need to baptize Israel. So we invited him to be baptized. And he said yes!! We had our last lesson with him last night and he totally threw us a curve ball. Ya know why? His girlfriend showed up. So gave part of the lesson we wanted to give, but then we decided to try and incorporate eternal families into the topic and it went so smoothly. We sang "Families Can Be Together Forever" afterwards and it was so sweet. The spirit was so strong!! I love music, because it gives such a strong message to ANYONE, no matter the language. During a small boring time in the CCM, I read the introduction to the Hymn book. The first presidency talked about the importance of music and I said TOUCHÉ!!!!
I am slowly starting to understand more and more Spanish!! It’s so cool being able to communicate with everyone. Then we go out into real Madrid, and we´re all like, ´´HUH´´ *drroooooolll* but it’s going to be so stinkin hard in the field. I am so excited for something difficult!! I hope I get a trainer who loves everyone and the gospel, has patience, and more patience.
OH so the Italians came and they are a PARTY!!! I love all of them so much! One of them is staying in my room and I love her tooooo death! I can see her being my friend for a very long time. Hahaa, so one of them is partly from Cambridge, England and I can’t say Italian names very well, so I call him Cambridge! He asks me questions, like where his companion went and I’ll say, with a British accent of course, Why, I think he went to the lou. Haha did I spell that right?! Ah man he´s a funny kid. 
So wow!! I saw ben and Sasha!! It was totally wild. I knew when they were leaving and I was totally ok not seeing them (ya know, gotta follow the rules!!) But then as I was dressing for fútbol, I get a knock on my door! Heehee, in a high pitched OHWHATACUTEPUPPY voice an Hna said, ´´we have a surprise for you!! You need to get down to the temple grounds right now!!´´ My heart stopped and I said NO WAY. Then Hna. Hopkins and I went down and I ran around like an idiot trying to find him. I finally found him, sprinted to him, squealed like a little girl and threw my arms around him. Everyone in the CCM was saying, ´´did you see Smith?!´´ It took a while for people to realize that YES he is my brother YES I know he looks like a Spaniard and not some white boy YES I know etc. etc.
The CCM Pres. mentioned that on Monday, our last day, at 10am the Madrid Mission President was going to interview all the Madrid missionaries separately to see which areas to send us to. OH YEAH!!! I am so stoked!!!
Hahaa so quote of the week. We were talking as a district about random stuff and we were joking that Elder Miles was going to get Dear Johned by his girlfriend. Elder Larsen (most funniest guy ever. no words can describe elder Larsen with his sidekick Elder Weixler) said, so if we´re in Spain, instead of Dear John, is it Dear Juan?? HAHAHAA we were DYING!!! We laugh so much as a district.
Anyway, I love you guys!! Thanks for the letters!! I got them about a week and a half later, but it was all good :) my first package was from Uncle Norman and Aunt Eleanor!! HOW SWEET!! I got a little teary eyed. I was NOT expecting that!! They got me a Spanish hymn book with my name engraved on it. Too sweet. I wrote them a thank you note tambien.
Love you all so much. I was talking with some hermanas and they were so surprised that I never cried when I saw my bro and sis in law. I said, I knew I would see them again. Even if something bad happened to my family, I have a FIRM testimony of the temple and eternal families. FIRM. I had a mini thought, I said to myself, SELF!!! You can totally use the family in Spain!! It’s so true though. Love everyone for who they are! Even the family members that don´t talk to you etc. Love them, even if that’s all you can do.
Love ya’ll!! I’ll send more pics today hopefully. Make sure people know to start mailing stuff to my mission home!!
mucho loves y hugs,
Hermana Smith
aka- KINSEY POO!!


No comments:

Post a Comment