Sunday, April 21, 2013

More Pics and a Letter


Hey family!! How are things goin? This week as just FLOWN by for me!!
You guys are the best. Just letting ya know.
This letter may be short if I have to send pictures. We get an hour though now, just found out like 20 min ago!! Crazy!! 
It’s amazing how much nuestro padre celestial quiere ayudarnos (translation: our Heavenly Father wants to help). Its an amazing blessing, especially as a missionary!! Por ejemplo, a lot of times, when I have time to think, I’ll think of random stuff like, oh I wonder what my family’s doing now, etc. then I lose focus! I mentally stop thinking about stuff that’ll distract me and its so much easier because heavenly father WANTS me to not think like that! So cool!!
Like your lessons mom, I felt a lesson we prepared was not what our investigator needed. And you know what? I didn’t say anything. Because I was too afraid of what “the world” would think than what the holy ghost told me to do. I’m still kicking myself over that.
Oh and daddy? CYBER HUG!!! [MMM-MMMMM!!!]
So like 20 times this week we’ve heard the same thing over and over again, “you’ll probably become senior companion, district leader, zone leader, etc by the 2 transfer. Oh no pressure! Good luck in the field!” um. QUÉ????
Ooh, I just wanna tell ya about this quote: “You don’t just fall in a crater unless you’re on the edge of it” HECK YEAH! Totally loving this quote.
While proselyting this week, mi companera and I talked to these Spaniards who spoke English very well. They were pharmacists and loved gaining any new information about anything, so of course they were extremely interested in what we had to say!! We gave them the first lesson and the spirit was SO strong as we bore testimony of the temple. They were GOLDEN investigators!! We gave them everything that we had pertaining to the gospel. Totally awesome.
Hahaa so remember Mikey Hankins? He’s been reassigned to the Charlotte NC mission as he waits for his visa!! He wrote to me and told me he’s serving in my home town!! Hahaa!!
I love you guys mucho!! You’ll probably hear from me again today. Look for me!!
Oh and I got a package today!!! Totally surprising, especially since its from Uncle Norman and Aunt Eleanor! It was so great. They got me a hymn book with my name engraved on it!!! I love it!! And I needed it too!! Unfortunately I bought myself one 2 days ago!! So I had another elder buy my unused one for э4. <<<<-----hahahaa I tried to make it look like a Euro sign but its actually a Russian symbol.
I did love conference!! It was so uplifting. A couple of times I dosed off but I can't really help that with the amount of work and no sleep we get. But I love it :) nothing really special. I'm understanding so much more each week!! I'm so excited for this opportunity to serve. The CCM is cool, but I need to submerge myself in the Spanish and the gospel. Its awesome!

¡¡Los quiero mucho!!
Hermana Smith


A couple that is serving at the Madrid Spain Temple saw Kinsey and had some pictures taken with her! They also got a shot of her singing in the choir on their blog (link to blog post HERE)

Sister Smith with Brother and Sister Zimmerman,
who serve at the Madrid Temple.
Kinsey putting her gorgeous singing voice to good use :)

No comments:

Post a Comment