Monday, June 30, 2014

June 30, 2014

Hey my fam bam. 
This week was a lot of fun. But good heavens its madrid heat and i´m dying a little bit. thankfully its been cooler lately plus there´s wind so im not suffering like last summer. haha!! But I never realized how fun it is to contact all the time! It´s a transition for me to try and have lessons but its been really good. We had some good street lessons and have some good new investigators. We´re working really well together and I am SO grateful that Hermana Johns is my companion because she is so positive about everything and she is just always always happy. She is truly a blessing for me. She´s from Ogden and has 7 months in the mission. She´s 19 years old and her birthday is my last day in the mission!! august 20th!!  
We´ve been contacting a lot and have had little miracles happening throughout the week. We don´t get a lot of numbers, but we feel confident that the numbers we did get have alot of potentional. 
Honestly, I think the hardest part about our week was going to church and not knowing anyone. Thankfully we know some of the recent converts and they´re always open and nice. We decided to go to a relief society activity that night to try and get to know the sisters more and it was such a success!! We were able to talk to a lot of sisters and to create some friendship. It helped us feel a lot better. We´ve set up some appointments with some members this week to talk with them and know them so that they can trust us more. From what I´ve heard, and what the bishop has told us, there isn´t a lot of trust between the missionaries and members here. It´s a little sad but we´re going to work hard so that these members feel loved :)
WE were talking with a recet convert named liliana and she was saying how all the missionaries are angels to her. I loved hearing that but it made me think. Lately, we´ve been hearing a lot from the first presidency and the twelve about missionaries and members working together and that  the only difference between a missionary and a member is the name tag. So i was thinking about what Liliana said about us being angels and thought WHY cant the members be angels too? We´re the same thing, just working full time instead of part time. I honestly think that there SHOULD be no difference. Angels should be the missionaries and the members. Its amazing what you learn on the mission. I always write down what I want to apply in my life for after the mission. This is one of them. I know I´m an angel as a missionary, but I want to be an angel to someone as a member. 
I love you all!! Please try this week to be an angel to someone who needs it. I pray for you all and I am so grateful for your letters and support. 
love hermana smith

calle caja de ahorros 21, BºIZQ 28804 Alcalá de Henares, Madrid, España

normally, whenever i stick an address down, its because i want letters and not just for dad to google map me ;) heehee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment