Monday, June 9, 2014

June 9, 2014

Sorry, fam. REALLY don´t have time now!!! On to business!!
This week went by fast!!! I loved being able to attend the temple and I received so much spiritual strength from it. It was something I really needed. After that, I honestly progressed more in my testimony than ever before. I´m not sayiing I used the temple as an excuse, but I really did receive a lot of answers to my prayers. 
This week had its up´s and down´s, mostly because Hna Clay was really ill for a bit. It´s been weird because literally every week, she has another illness. We call it the Last-Transfer syndrome. She told me of other missionaries getting sick their last couple of weeks! So weird! Though we were in the piso a bit, I was able to get a lot done. I watched a lot of the district and it is so amazing how much you can learn from their experiences and testimonies. In all, this week was just a big spiritual banquet for me!!
We contacted this lady a few weeks ago and she could never see us. She, Susana, had told us that her siblings and cousins were all members in Ecuador and so we were really excited for this extra boost. But she could never see us. Finally, we ran into her a few days ago in the street and she told us that she had talked to her family about us and they were encouraging her to talk to us and to come to church!! She said she´s interested to know more and I was just so grateful for that little bit of info, to know thta she wasn´t alone in her getting to know the gospel. 
I learned a big lesson this week. So I have these rings that I bought here and one day we went to the bathroom in this library. I took my rings off and accidently left them after washing my hands. I didn´t think about it until 6 hours later and when I did, I felt terrible but also a little defeated. I was thinking that no way was I getting them back and I thought, well, this is just another trial for me to grow from. So I told Hna Clay that and she reminded me that whatever is important to me is definitely important to Him, so OF COURSE I can pray just to find my little rings. So I did and I felt prompted to call a member here. I told him my situation and he said he´d check it out. Later that day in english class, he didn´t say anything. He left to go somewhere and returning he said that the lady from the libarary was looking for him because she had found my rings!! That to me was such a building experience for me because I knew that God had answered my prayers. I always say that prayers are always answered, but I know now that even the LITTLE prayers are always answered, too. 

now other news. HERMANA HANSEN IS ENGAGED!!! aaahhh!!! so happy for her!!! married in august!!
thats all folks!! love you!!!
hermana smith

the first pic was hna fowers and i on intercambios (exchanges??)
and the next two are of us seeing each other for the first time in months. we were pretty happy :D




No comments:

Post a Comment